Sunday, November 23, 2008

Twilight




Three.

That's the answer to "How many times did you see Twilight the movie within 29 hours of it's theatrical release?"

I'll start with criticism..

I think overall, the movie's biggest fault is that they had 13 year old girls in mind the entire time they were making the movie (which makes perfect sense). But, to me, it seems they could have made it for adults, and kids still would have dug it. My guess is that they were probably scared of making it too scary for 13 year old girls. Laurent, Victoria, and James were totally laughable for the majority of their screen time. "James, let's not play with our food." Really? Did I just hear that line?

Also, the intense, dramatic scenes of the movie were the consistent low-points. It just didn't flow, and it seemed like it could have been on ABC Family Channel at 11AM or something. A bit silly.


Now, the for the positive..

Edward was much hotter and charming-er than I expected. I had a man-crush on him during 85% of the movie. He could look scary, calming, and confident. I dug it.

I've got a huge crush on Kristen Stewart's Bella. She's 18... It's a bit awkward, but whatev. My friend Allie seems to think that the basis of my crush is movie-Bella's similarity to Haley Graham (from my favorite movie about gymnastics, Stick It). But, just because Bella didn't cry in the movie doesn't mean she's a tom boy. I thought KS did a great Bella overall.

The only Cullen I didn't like was Rosalie (keep your fingers crossed for a re-cast...) Alice was perfect. Perfect.

Bella's friends were all awesome, with the exception of a sub-par Angela.

In the end, I liked the movie a lot. I enjoyed it equally all three times I saw it. That doesn't mean that I don't recognize the movie's target audience, and the overall lameness of certain portions. But, while the bads were BAD (very very very bad...awful bad), in the end, I think the goods were good enough that I'll call myself a fan of the movie.

The end

3 comments:

Christianne said...

I hate Alice.

Roy said...

That's because you're crazy and weird and nuts and abnormal and etc.

Katie said...

I hate Rosalie... and anyone who loves her.